So i'm looking to get a sewing machine, I've wanted one for a long time and my mom wanted to help get me one as a graduation gift so i'm looking into them, but i don't know what kind to get, whats good? I need mostly the basic's but i want it to last, to work, and to not be breaking all the time. The only brand i know is good is Bernina because my mom's had one FOREVER and it still works great and is lifetime warrentied but they are so expensive! Anyway, if any of you know anything about sewing machines i'd love to learn from you! Thanks!
7 comments:
I dont know much about them at all. But I have one that I LOVE. My mom got it a couple years ago it is a way good one. I use it pretty much everyday for something. I know it isnt the most expensive brand but gets the job done and is easy to use. Brother is the brand. Good luck.
Berninas ARE the best. I would definitely invest in one. My mom and dad got one for me and my sister few Christmases ago. It's a less expensive brand of Bernina. It's called a Bernette. It works great for all my basic sewing and quilting! I really like it.
You place looks great! I love that you guys are having this adventure together. Isn't life so good!!
Funny that I've been looking into it lately too and I've been told that brand name is not as important as it was a few years ago, that the playing field is more level as far as quality goes. His opinion was to find what was affordable to you and enjoy it.
Me again, your life sounds like a wonderful adventure. Enjoy the East, and keep blogging about it so we can see it with you. Thanks!
hey there elise,
you asked me a little bit ago about a sewing machine and i havn't forgotten i just haven't been able to get over here to tell you! anyways, i have a bernina. i love it but this is my second sewing machine after sewing for about 8 years. as a beginner i would suggest getting a used older bernina (they can be kind of pricey but worth it)
i started out with a "babylock" and it was real basic and perfect for straight lines and a few other things as well. best of luck in your search and congrats on graduating and on a baby in the near future! -V
Elise,
My Hubby got me a sewing Machine for Mothers Day, it is a Brother, very basic, with a button holer and basic stiches, it was 118 dollars at Wal mart. I have liked it thus far!
Collette
Post a Comment