Thursday, April 10, 2008
Life can be tough but we know who's in charge.
Well, for many of you, you already have heard the news but for those that haven't, i'll let you know. It's easier for us if people know instead having to tell them so i'll just get the word out. On Tuesday was my first prenatal appointment with Dr. Frischnechkt. John and i were both excited and he was able to come with me. Everything was going well and John really wanted to hear the heartbeat so he asked the Dr. if we could. He got all of his equipment out but had a really hard time finding the heartbeat, he sent us to the ultrasound room so he could locate the baby and then tried it again but still no heart beat. He was a little concerned because usually, even with his old ultrasound machine he can see a flashing on the baby where the heart should be beating but there was nothing there. He was concerned enough to send us to the Mt Pleasant hospital to get a real ultrasound. In Mt Pleasant it was confirmed that there was no heart beat and that the baby was no longer living. I should of been 12 weeks on Tuesday but the baby only measured at 10 weeks and 3 days. Now we're waiting to miscarry, not knowing when that might be but knowing its coming. It was hard news for both me and John, we were both very excited to be starting our own family, and for the first time since being pregnant, while looking at the ultrasound screen i actually knew that something was in there, while almost at the same time we heard the news. It has been a rough couple days but the more people try to help the more i realize that others have been through so much more than we have, i know the Lord knows what he's doing, we know that everything happens for a reason and that its no accident. I don't know these reasons and honestly, i don't know much but i do that because of this experience John and I have grown so much closer together and i know that i couldn't have asked for a better husband and friend than the one I've been so blessed to have. John really is my strength and comfort and I'm so, so grateful for him. I also want to say thanks to all of you that have been so thoughtful and caring towards us, we love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are in our thoughts & prayers!!! That is such a hard thing to go through. You will be surprised with the strength you'll find to make it through this trial! If you need anything, let me know. We love you guys!!
Oh, Elise! I love you so much! I just want you to know that.
You and John are some of the strongest and neatest people I know.
Elise you are an amazing girl! I look up to your strength, hang in there:)
Post a Comment