Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fun with the fam!

This last week was great! John's family came to visit and we had so much fun! It was so good to see everyone. The first day they flew into Boston and i met them there to tour the city. Boston really is a cool city, we had fun seeing all the huge buildings, old buildings and historic sites. My camera died that day so i didn't get a whole lot of pictures but i did get one of a silver lady eating her lunch.... pretty crazy...Since my camera died i didn't get any more pictures of that day, or the next day (saturday) here in Middletown. We went to Lyman Orchards where they were having their Berry Festival. It was fun, we picked tons of blueberries and then enjoyed the live band.... We also explored downtown middletown which i hadn't done yet this summer. It was fun and good to see what is around. Sunday we went to church and then went to the beautiful waterfall by our house for a BBQ. After the BBQ we headed to Maine to visit Jordan, Bruce and Meagan. And Maine was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I loved it there! The camp was very cool and the State is awesome. Monday we went into Portland and walked along the seaport. John, Jason and Kristen ate "lobstah" and the rest of us had pizza... We saw some GORGEOUS lighthouses and just enjoyed the scenery, the weather and the company. It was a good day. Kristen and John both caught crabs in the tidpools, and the ocean breeze was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.e.

Thanks for the 0h so fun weekend Van Orman's! We love you guys!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

That looks like lots of fun! I'm glad they came out and were able to entertain you for a little while and see some of the sights!

Anna said...

mmmm... i love the east coast! that salty sea air is unforgettable. when we went to LA it didn't smell like the ocean at all. i was a little disappionted. that so cool that the family was able to go out. guess they have a lot of kids out there, huh? FUN!

David and Brooke Gallagher said...

How fun!!! I bet it was nice to see family after a while. I do have moments of missing Middletown but I love being home!

grant + brittany said...

oh how fun! i bet you had a blast... i love seeing new things, old buildings and historical sites, and a berry festival? that sounds so cool!

Lauri said...

I wish I could see a silver lady eating her lunch! And light houses and such. But we'll be excited to have you come home too.