Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goodbye truck......hello garage!

Well, John 72' is finally out of the garage and onto bigger and better things. Its getting fixed! I'm so excited. I think John's excited too but it all happened so fast i haven't had a chance to ask him yet.

Last week were inspections for our apartment. Apparently, we're not allowed to work on vehicles on the premisis. (who knew) So 2 days ago we got a letter on our door "3 days to remove truck (with motor and oil etc.) or vacate." Second vacate notice in 2 months (the other? a misunderstanding, all straightened out) (Lol, i'm laughing as i type this because i've been trying to get that truck fixed for a year now but i guess the vacate notice was a little more threatening than myself) Anyway, since we're not allowed to fix it here John decided that we're just going to have to have somebody else finish the project for us. John's a little bummed because this is something that he's wanted to do. He took the motor out, took it apart, and ordered all the parts. He's so busy he just hasn't gotten around to putting it all back together and was planning to this summer. But oh well, this way it will be done soon. We're happy about it. Honestly, i love that truck, lots of good memories in that truck. I'm excited to take it for a spin here in a few weeks and i would imagine, John's pretty excited too.

So goodbye for now. We'll miss you but look forward to seeing you again, good as new :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I'm glad it will be fixed. I hope it won't cost too much but nice to have a big project done.

Lauri said...

I love your truck.

Rebecca said...

Jack is so cute. Love ya

Rebecca said...

That was from Grandma