Sunday, February 20, 2011

To sling, or not to sling...

So i have a sling, its actually a Maya Wrap, I've loved it, Jack's loved it but Nellie? Not so much...
Okay, in this picture she appears to love it, but this is after 45 min's of back arching screaming til she wore herself out enough to fall asleep....

But here's the problem, she's so different from Jack in that she wants to be held constantly, i think she's a bit colicky and her tummy is hurting her quite a bit :( So i want to hold her and love her and help her feel better, but i also want to be able to still do things and play with Jack etc..., and since she seems to hate the sling, i've been thinking maybe she'd like the Moby Wrap better, but i don't want to buy it before i try it, so if anybody out there (close by) has one that they wouldn't mind letting me test drive, please let me know! Thanks!

6 comments:

Romney Family said...

I am sorry that she is colicky. I know how you feel.All of mine have been colicky I thought with the 3rd i would get a good one but nope.
Hang in there it gets easier. by the way you look great!! you dont even look like you had a baby!!!

Rebecca said...

You are looking great. I wondered if you could look for some other ways to wear your sling on youtube. I am looking for a moby wrap for you. I just talked to someone that doesn't want hers. She might be willing to sell. I think she used it once or twice is all. I'll let you know.

Lisa Hathaway said...

Chelsea made a couple Moby wraps and she loves them. She says it's really easy - I can get instructions from her if you want.

Lauri said...

Well I don't know much about slings and the babies that don't like them, but I think you look GREAT wearing one!

life in red shoes said...

I'm afraid wanting to held all the time is a girl thing? They like being entertained too.
Boys however have this crazy knack for entertaining themselves:)
Good luck, you look great and such a sweet family!

Bluebird & Company said...

June was really colicy too. Ifinally took her to the chiropractor and he worked a miracle! Within 24 hrs. There was a noticable difference. Ihave a wrapthat is just like a moby.it is called lovey duds. There website is loveyduds.com