Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Most recent aerating adventure...oh wow
So, this is how aerating goes: we pick a neighborhood that looks good, mostly ones that have small yards, John and I knock doors until one of us gets a house that wants an aeration, John starts aerating and i keep knocking and set up a few more appointments for him to keep him busy for however long he wants to be. Its been working pretty well for us but today was another story...I'm just knocking the doors like usual after John's started aerating and a guy answers a door. Before he gets there i can hear the dog barking so i'm just waiting, unalarmed (everyone has dogs around here) well he comes to the door and its this old fat guy without a shirt on, i'm a little shocked/embarrassed that he opened the door in the first place so i temporarily forget about the mean growling HUGE dog behind him. Well, i didnt' forget for long because before i know it he's broke free of the homeowners grasp and his teeth are clamped around most of my upper thigh. I scream, of course what else do you do? The homeowner yanks his, let me remind you, HUGE dog off of my leg, smacks his nose, tells him he's a bad dog and then asks me if i'm okay. Of course, i say i'm fine... i really think i am just my leg is throbbing, but my pants didn't rip or anything so i figure it can't be too bad. Mostly i'm just shocked, maybe a little shook up but mostly just...pregnant, you know, overly emotional? Well i assure him that i'm just fine, we don't need to go in the house and strip off my pants just to make sure and then i leave. I held the tears in til i see John, by now my leg isn't even hurting anymore but it scared me! (and i'm pregnant)John is so loving and worried and he's just hugging me asking what in the world is the matter. Well i just keep crying hysterically and for some reason i can't stop, in the middle of all my crying i'm laughing at myself for being such an idiot and crying for no real reason. Anyway, i explain to John what happened and we take a look at my leg. Honestly, it is pretty bad, i'm just hoping that dog didn't have rabies or something but mostly i think its bruised...my leg, and my pride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh my gosh i cant believe that really happened!! I am so sorry.. Your so funny!! Im sure i would have cried too... Hope your leg feels good today!!!
Oh, I'm so sorry Elise! That sounds like it was a horrible experience! I totally understand the emotions....It's great when you are pregnant though and have an excuse for crying. I am still having emotional days, and the baby is OUT. It must be what they call post-pardum.
I hope your leg is ok. And you look great in all your pictures...you have that 'glow' :)
Scary! I'm sorry. Maybe you should take some sort of protection with you (spray or something). I can't believe all these posts. You must have had a little free time. Thanks for all the fun.
ouch! but my biggest question is, since we know you are OK, did you get the job to aerate his lawn?? that's the least he could do, right??
OH My gosh tell me the guy later got an ariation or I would threten to sew him j/k. my aunt got bit by a dog and the bruise was terrible!!! and you being prego is not what you needed i'm sure. elise try not and do that ever again ok?
Oh. My. Gosh. I would have freaked out! So sorry! That's something you can go through life and be happy not to experience--but maybe can laugh at it later. maybe. :)
How scary. I am so sorry you are a trooper. But I for sure know what you mean about the emotion thing. When I was pregnant with Tanner I was golfing siting in you know those cute cars. On the green and a guy from 300 yards away hit me dead on with a golf ball. To make matters wose it was at a work party and everyone i worked with was there it didnt hurt as bad as it scared me.Pretty sure i cried for like 3 hrs and it always made matters worse that all 100 something people i worked with woundnt stop asking me how i was doing. Anyways my point of this is i know how emotional it is even if it isnt that bad.
Good gravy! A giant dog! Do you need Seigfried and Jensen? I hope you're okay! Those knocking doors man. Whoever has that for a job I feel sorry for them! :)
Where's that dog? Lemme at 'im. You be careful. And I think it's really neat how you work together. In a few years, you'll have such a story to tell your little ones. I'm so proud of you and John, you're doing everything right.
Post a Comment