Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer day

the 24th was a good day for us. It started out with the parade, but not until 12:30, i know, thats a weird time for a parade. It was fun but Jack wouldn't smile the entire time... it was hilarious really, he had a perma-frown. Then John had to leave for work so we went back home, hung out for a while and later that evening we met up with the de la Houssayes for the concert and fireworks. John got off work in time for the fireworks so it was great to have him there. Jack had so much fun waiting for the fireworks, he was just so so happy. I love it when he's happy! Here's a few pictures of our day...
Good times, good company.

For my birthday Megan (my great friend) made the most delicious birthday cake for me! It was so so sweet of her and seriously, it was so good. AND it looked great. Thanks Megan!!!
Oh ya, about those pioneers? I'm truely so grateful to them for what they did, for their sacrifice of EVERYTHING to follow the Lord. I hope to be more like them in my daily life. I'm grateful for my pioneer heritage and for the great examples that i have to follow.

4 comments:

Brit said...

I think your banner is new, at the top of your page, or I've just never noticed it before. Anyways, I wanted to say that I love it, I think it's so cute.

And another random thought, sometime we should get Jack and Gabrielle together. I think it'd be a lot of fun to see them play together.

Rebecca said...

The cake looks delicious. We didn't get to make one for you this time. Sorry.
Your pioneer day looks like fun!

grant + brittany said...

elise, you are such a special person. maybe that sounds weird, but i feel like the word special is so perfect for you. jack is just too cute and i wish i could have seen his perma-frown. Happy Belated Birthday!

The Godfreys said...

Elise, you probably don't remember me from Snow, but anyway I taught school with your good friend Megan! She is so much fun!