Friday, October 29, 2010

The Windcaves (picture overload)

Yesterday we decided to hike to the windcaves, we figured after 2 years of living here it was about time. It was fun and really cool

 It doesn't look like it in these first pictures but Jack really did love being in the back pack and being able to check everything out, so fun :)
 See that snowball in his hands? He did NOT want to get rid of it, after it started melting too much we took it from him and he wasn't a happy camper, oh well, he got over it :)
 He love hitting his dad in the head with a stick, who wouldn't love doing that?
 This is a little alcove on the way to to the windcaves, we stopped for a rest
 And then we made it! They really are pretty cool, we had no idea how big they were!
 Here's a prego picture for all of you that are wondering what i look like these days...
Jack was pretty excited just to be able to sit and walk around after the long hike stuck in the backpack.



 (I love how when he picks things up it looks like he's doing a grab on a snowboard, so funny, so much like his dad :))

A pretty view, i was sad we missed most of the fall leaves, they've mostly fallen off the trees by now and been soaked in that last rain storm we had, but it was still beautiful!

John and i both agree that being outside is VERY therapeutic, we love it! So glad John had a couple of days off work to relax and hang out with us! I'm so grateful for all he does for us, but sometimes i just miss him, it was so good to have him home!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so fun- what a cute kid! And you're looking great too! I never did make it up there either, maybe someday...

Brit said...

We have that exact same picture of our daughter, in the little cave inside the caves. It's a beautiful hike, i think you're crazy for doing it in the cold though

Rebecca said...

This sounds like a secret I didn't know about. Now that you are moving I won't be able to get there either. I've never heard of them.

amberjill said...

You are such a great pregnant mom! You look awesome! Way to go! :) I mean, the view was beautiful and I love that Jack loves hitting his dad in the head with a stick, but I more love seeing cute preggo picks of you. Almost makes me want to.....ah nevermind. I've got 4! :)

Hey, my word verification is Talin. That's a cute name! :)