Sunday, February 22, 2009

If the Savior stood beside me...

Standards night for our youth was tonight and it was awesome. A member of our stake presidency asked us to imagine to ourselves the words of the song if the Savior stood beside me, would i do the things i do, etc... But he said when dealing with your ipod, "if the Savior stood beside me, would i have the songs i have" or the cell phone "if the Savior stood beside me, would i text the things i text" he just went on and on and then he chalenged all of us by saying that the Savior already knows the things that we do, listen to and talk about. He knows and he challenged us to go home and get our electronics to a place where if the Savior stood beside us, he would be happy with those things that we are watching, listening to, and speaking about. I know this talk was for the youth, but it was also for all of us because we can all become a little better, and honestly when we do these things, we just make life a bit easier for ourselves by not allowing the bad into our lives. I remember in institute a few years ago i had a lesson about how we make our own lives hard by the options that we allow for ourselves. The prophet has said, don't watch R-rated movies, so if we as follower's of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ don't even allow ourselves the option of watching an R-rated movie than it ceases to be a temptation and we can be perfect in that one thing. We are in control of our own lives, we choose the temptations that we allow ourselves to have. I truly believe that and i hope i can take the advice of a wise man to help get my life into order, to change for the better. I'm so blessed. Thanks for reading

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Every time I think of that song, I remember learning it next to our keyboard in Tennessee (I think, anyway) and preparing to sing it for a sacrament meeting as a family--do you remember that? It is a great message. Thanks for sharing

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing. I could use some raising of the bar and making sure that I am making appropriate choices.

Karli said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! And may I say that I think your blog is adorable!

The Petersons said...

Dito, I think that is a good message. Maybe someday I will use that song for a talk.